Mamaroneck NY Homes for Sale: Experts Forecast US Housing Market Growth
Now is the time to shop for Mamaroneck NY homes for sale. A May 17 Midyear Housing and Economic Outlook by National Association of Realtors (NAR) Chief Economist Lawrence Yun predicts increased home sales, home prices, and mortgage rates in 2013.
Yun’s Annual Forecast is positive overall through 2013. Here are a few of the high points homebuyers and home sellers have to look forward to whether they are dealing in Mamaroneck NY homes for saleor any home throughout the nation.
- Existing home sales In 2011 existing home sales totaled 4.26 million. Yun is projecting a total of 4.6 to 4.7 million homes sold in 2012 (an 8 to 10 percent increase). Through 2013, Yun projects existing home sales of 4.7 to 4.8 million (a 10 to 13 percent increase over 2011 sales). The economist predicts slightly higher interest rates that could actually help the housing market. “Modestly higher rates could help home sales as banks re-staff mortgage work for home purchase applications and less refinance applications,” Yun said.
- New home sales.In 2011 a total of 304,000 homes sold throughout the nation. Yun predicts new home sales of 400,000 in 2012 and 530,000 in 2013.
- Housing starts.This sector represents the number of privately owned new houses (or housing units) on which construction has started in a certain period of time. In 2011 there were 610,000 housing starts. Yun predicts 770,000 new starts in 2012 and 970,000 in 2013.
- Existing home prices.As demand increases, prices will too. In 2011 housing prices averaged $166,100. Yun expects that to increase to $168,100 in 2012. Through 2013 he predicts the average home price to increase to $173,100.
- Gross domestic product (GDP) growth.In 2011 Americans saw an encouraging increase of 1.8 percent over the previous year in GDP. Yun predicts 2.4 percent growth in 2012 and 3.1 percent growth in 2013.
- Payroll job gains.This year payroll jobs gains are expected to grow from a gain of 1.7 million in 2011 to 2.2 million in 2012 and 2.5 million in 2013.
- Fed funds rate: The federal funds rate will remain at .1 percent throughout 2013.
- 30-year mortgage rate: In 2011 the average mortgage rate was 4.7 percent. The average is expected to fall in at 4.2 percent in 2012 then leap to 4.8 percent through 2013.
Prudential Centennial Realty licensed real estate professionals are proud to watch housing market information for clients searching for Mamaroneck NY homes for sale – or homes for sale anywhere in our coverage area. Careful monitoring of national, state and local economic conditions help us help all of our clients whether buying or selling a home. Contact us today for more information about our great inventory of Mamaroneck NY homes for sale – or simply shop online!Our site has information about Westchester NY , Larchmont, Ardsley NY Homes For Sale, Eastchester NY Homes For Sale, Bronxville, New Rochelle, White Plains, Rye, Mamaranack, Scarsdale NY and Yonkers. Use the "Find an Agent" feature on our site to locate talented Westchester NY Realtors