Secure a Home Inspector When Shopping for Eastchester, NY Homes for Sale
If you’re shopping for Eastchester, NY homes for sale, you should be shopping for a good home inspector too. Any home purchase is a major investment; so, protect your investment from the start.
A home inspector will help you understand exactly what you’re getting you’re your new home. Knowledge is power; and, that power can provide great peace of mind. A home inspection will protect you from nasty surprises after you have purchased your home. Before you buy, you will know what repairs are needed and whether or not any major issues exist in the home. A home inspection can also help educate you about your new home including the locations of main shutoff valves, the condition of appliances, and more. There are many Eastchester, NY homes for sale, get the best home your money can buy.
Here are five questions to ask a home inspector before hiring:
1. What exactly does my home inspection cover? Home inspectors are held to a high standard of practice and a professional code of ethics. Know your state’s requirements for a home inspection and make sure your potential inspector adheres to those.
2. How much experience do you have in residential inspections? It’s okay to ask for references. In fact, check those references and ask for feedback on the thoroughness, accuracy, and integrity of the inspector.
3. How much time do you need to conduct the inspection? Expect the on-site portion of the inspection to take two or three hours for a single-family home. Be wary if the inspection takes less time as it may not be thorough.
4. How much will the inspection cost and what kind of a report will you provide? The cost of inspections of Eastchester, NY homes for sale varies significantly. Some determining factors include:
a. home value
b. home size
c. home condition
d. type of report generated
Before hiring an inspector, determine what you expect to learn about your new home through the inspection process. Ask for an example of the exact style of report you will receive. Find out how when you will receive the completed report (a 24-hour turnaround is typical).
5. May I attend the inspection? Accompany the inspector on-site for a great education about your home’s systems, appliances, and structural characteristics. A home inspector should welcome you, be wary of one that declines your request.
Prudential Centennial Realty features a wonderful inventory of Eastchester, NY homes for sale. To learn more about Eastchester, please visit our community pages online. Search for Eastchester homes for sale 24/7 at http://PruCent.com.
Our site has information about Westchester NY , Larchmont, Ardsley NY Homes For Sale, Eastchester NY Homes For Sale, Bronxville, New Rochelle, White Plains, Rye, Mamaranack, Scarsdale NY and Yonkers. Use the "Find an Agent" feature on our site to locate talented Westchester NY Realtors